When I first joined SHIFT in 2018, we were a small team of 5 moving quickly. We’ve since grown to 20+ people and I’ve continued played a hybrid role between design and product, working closely with our customer success and engineering teams.
With an already-active core platform, my main objective has been to improve the product experience for SHIFT’s different user types: organization administrators, team managers, and team members.
My day-to-day involves:
- Managing projects with engineering via Pivotal Tracker and removing blockers
- Monitoring product metrics (activation via onboarding flows, engagement of key features, retention and churn of long-term accounts
- Analyzing customer data via Heap Analytics and Fullstory
- Designing UI/UX improvements for core user stories in collaboration with Customer Success
- Speaking to customers about their organization and getting qualitative feedback on recent mocks
- Making front-end HTML/CSS improvements